- I completed all my planned training sessions.
- I stopped performing swimming drills and focused only on actual swimming. I’ll come back to the training drills after the triathlon (July 9).
- I completed my longest bike ride ever – 25 miles. My pace was 13.9 MPH. My hope is that I can get that to 15 MPH by July 9.
- My running went well. My left knee feels good. I ran 4 miles twice. Not wanting to push my luck, I ran/ walked my 6 mile “run”.
- My Olympic triathlon is two weeks away. This week is my last week of increasing volume and intensity.
- This will be a brutal travel week: 1 day trip to Kansas City, 1 day trip to Toronto, 3 day road trip. (That’s me both whining, looking for sympathy and acknowledging reality.) So I’m extending this training week to 8 to 9 days … You can do that when it’s your training program and blog! This works because next week, my last training week, will be a very low volume and intensity week.
- UPDATE: As expected, it was a tough travel week. I did not complete one swim (1500 meters) two runs (5 and 7 miles) and one bike (30 miles). All week, I was feeling stressed about it. However, the past is the past … there is nothing I can do now. I can only plan and execute next week’s training (final training week).
- Italicized notes underneath event made after completing the event … I’ve been using these posts as a journal.
|Sun (June 25)||1000 meters||Deadlift 255# x 5 reps for two sets
Standing overhead dumbbell press 70# x 15 reps for two sets
|Sun (July 2)||4 miles|