My First Olympic Triathlon: Mission Accomplished!
- I completed the event in 4 hours, 11 minutes and 31 seconds.
- My swim, bike and run times are in the table below:
- Right after the event, I was exhausted. I laid in the grass under a tent for about 15 minutes sipping water and putting an ice pack on my head and neck. After that, I felt good, just drained. It took 3 to 4 days to fully recover from the event.
- I’ll recap (in detail) the event in an upcoming post. I’ll also discuss lessons learned, etc.
- A special thank you to my Wife and three boys. They were very supportive of my training and they were waiting for me at the finish line. It meant a lot!