It’s Sunday afternoon. A week from now, I’ll have completed my first (Olympic) triathlon. I’ll probably be at Starbucks, nursing a not-so-Paleo venti Caramel Frappuccino and writing a summary of my experience. Here’s what I’m hoping that summary will say.
- I safely completed the race.
- I completed in just over 4 hours.
- I completed the swim without incident. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.
- I completed the bike under 100 minutes. The hills kicked my ass, but I kept peddling.
- My legs felt like rubber. But I kept moving the entire 6+ miles. I completed the run under 80 minutes.
This week’s training
- Sunday, July 9th is race day. I’ll rest two days this week, Thursday and Saturday.
|Mon||1500 meters||3 miles|
|Wed||1000 meters||6 miles|
|Fri||500 meters||10 miles||1.5 miles|